Over at the Bowery Hotel, we pride ourselves on our pampering skills. As cold season continues, we’re happy to share our tips and tricks for beating the snivels. Here are our staff’s selections of local places to get the things that instantly make you feel better:
1. Pajamas – first thing’s first. Get cozy! J. Crew and Uniqlo have our favorite selections of pajamas. The nearest stores are in SoHo.
2. Cashmere Socks – stop by The Sock Hop in Nolita and your tootsies will thank you!
3. Cold and Flu Soak – we love C.O. Bigelow products and use them in our rooms. The store is located in the West Village and is definitely worth a visit! Pick up their Cold and Flu Soak Herbal Formula No. 122 – it is the absolute best for opening your sinuses and soothing your aches and pains.
4. Oregano Oil – Avalon Chemist is just around the corner from us. Dilute a little of the oil in water and drink up. You’ll be amazed how quickly it takes effect!
5. Pressed Juices – The Killer from Liquiteria in the East Village is available in two strengths, X and XX, both with added Immunity Now.
6. Chicken Noodle Soup – Veselka Bowery is the newest outpost from the East Village stalwart which has been serving Ukrainian soulfood for over 50 years. They have a take-out service and the Chicken Noodle Soup is divine!
7. Movies – once you’re all bathed, fed and cozy, it’s time to get into bed and watch one of our complimentary DVDs. Take your pick from our classics, ranging from Apocalypse Now to Zelig!
With love from the Bowery Hotel
Chef D’Amico will be serving up a feast on Christmas Day at Gemma! We have a special Christmas Dinner menu (see below) which will be available from 4 pm to midnight in addition to our regular dinner menu. We are taking reservations and you can make them by calling 212 505 7300. Happy Holidays!
Russ & Daughters is one of our favorite places in the city and it should be a feature on any travel itinerary for those in search of a true New York experience. For NYC residents it is essential when it comes to entertaining, particularly for the holidays. Be prepared for a wait… the lines around the holidays are somewhat intimidating but it is worth it for their paper-thin, melt-in-your-mouth Lox and assortment of freshly-made bagels and cream cheeses. Watch Laura Cooper Brown chat with Niki Russ Federman and explore the store….
We’re proud to be hosting the Kaleidoscope Holiday Sale on Sunday, December 18th, curated by our lovely friend Tracey Tanner (whose leather goods are fantastic)! The sale includes local/independent/handmade designs which make for wonderful gifts! Stop by from 11 am to 7 pm – the sale is located on the 2nd Floor (entrance is on the Bowery). Invite your friends!
Annabelle by Anna McCraney – Womens Clothing and Accessories
Coral & Tusk – Home Accessories and Kids Clothing
Devorado NYC – Designer Vintage
Julie Rofman – Jewelry
Lucky Fish – Women, Men and Kids Clothing and Home Accessories
Mar Y Sol – Womens and Home Accessories
Modern-Twist – Home Accessories
Nomadic Thread Society – Clothing and Home Textiles
Pip-Squeak Chapeau Etc. – Clothing, Accessories and Home Textiles
River Song – Jewelry
Small Trades – Men and Womens Clothing
Sugarhigh + Lovestoned – Men and Womens Clothing
Tracey Tanner - Leather Accessories
Vega – Jewelry
Verre New York – Jewelry
The Wild Unknown – Handcrafted Goods
Wowch – Men and Womens Clothing
Well, December just crept up on us! After a sartorially confusing November, it’s finally feeling like winter … and that means the holidays are on their way. If you’re looking for gift-inspiration, NoHo and the East Village are abundant with fabulous stores. Two of our favorite ‘curiosity shops’, John Derian and Partners & Spade, are a stone’s throw from us and are packed full of unique gifts for your nearest and dearest. Follow Laura Cooper Brown’s tour of the stores…